Mission Scripture

"Wherefore, ye must press forward with a steadfastness in Christ, having a perfect brightness of hope, and a love of God and all men. Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father; Ye shall have eternal life."
2 Nephi 31:20

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Week 4



 

Hey Guys!

I'm still doing good at the MTC, still doing the same ol' stuff. Going to class, and attempting to speak spanish, and learning how to teach the Gospel. Last Tuesday Elder Bowen came and spoke to us. At one point in his talk he needed an Elder to come up so he could demonstrate something. He didn't ask for people to volunteer by raising their hands, he just chose someone. And that someone he chose was me! It was cool, our eyes met and he just called me up. He threw a book at me and i had to catch it, Then he did that a few more times. Then he said receive the book and handed it to me. He was trying to demonstrate how we need to teach, and approach people. I think.. I was just trying to catch the book, and i couldn't really pay attention. It was really funny though!

We have a really fun Branch presidency. They come around and visit us at nights sometimes. They are all really sweet old men. One of them loves to give all the Elders Embraso's, which is the spanish equivelant to a hug. It was kind of surprising the 1st time he did it. Brother Merril and His wife, another one of our branch presidency, are crazy into politics. They eat lunch with our district on Sundays, and tell us about the Election. Sister Merrill has some MITT bling that she wears all the time. I think it's super funny!

 I can't wait to get to California, it's getting cold here! We have two sisters in our District that are leaving to go to the Peru MTC tomorrow. It will be sad to say goodbye to them, because they are apart of the District 22C family. I've learned so much already, and I'm excited to keep learning. These 4 weeks have been awesome! My testimony has grown tremendously. Well I got to get off. My time is up..

Thanks for everthing,  Love Elder Higgins

No comments:

Post a Comment