February 25, 2013
Hey!
Thanks for sending me some mail real quickly. I've successfully obtained a
library card. By the time I'm through with my mission I'll have a little
collection of California library cards. It will be the best! (The missionaries go to the local library to email letters home) Hey and I always forget to tell you thanks for keeping
me updated with all my friends, and what is going on with all of them. Looks
like Chris is doing good laying down his weapons of war. Good man! I have to do
a better job at that as well. Tanner will be chillin' (serving) in California
for a while. That's pretty wild. Do you know how long he'll have to wait for his
visa?? & I hope Josh and Kenny are doing good in the ol' MTC! That's crazy
about every one's mission calls recently. Jacob is going to California speaking
Hmong? That's one of the craziest things I've heard! I met a few missionaries
going to Minnesota speaking Hmong while I was in the MTC. I guess there are
little communities all over the place! And Brooke is going to Boston! That's too
cool! It fits her. I don't really know how, I can just see her doing really well
there. Taiwan fits Josh Claflin as well.
I'm really digging the new area, even if I haven't had one Spanish street
contact yet. I think the Lord really wants me to work hard at learning the
language. We made a goal as companions to speak to each other in Spanish all
day, as much as we can. It has been working out well, and will help me a lot.
The branch is really cool! There are a lot of really good members and alot
of them are willing to help us out with missionary work. It is weird going to
church and having such a small congregation though, and I thought my last ward
was small..... This one has it beat. But like I said the members definitely make up
for it. They are champs!
So, we live with some members and they are pretty great! I haven't met the
whole family yet, but I see Brother S a lot, he takes us hiking in the
hills out front by his house every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, that means we
have to wake up extra early.. and I still hate waking up. I thought I would get
used to it, but I don't think I ever will. He is a pretty great guy! We live in
a room, just like any other bedroom, and share the kitchen. It's a pretty sweet
deal! There house is the cleanest house I've seen, and we have quite a few rules
to keep it clean, and it's actually really easy to do. It's a concept I never
got before but it's a lot easier to do a few, little extra things now, and not
have to have a mass cleaning project later. I'm a fan! So don't be surprised if
I come home a clean freak.
I have been reading Preach My Gospel all they way through, and doing the activities on
all the pages for my personal study. It's really great! I've been learning a lot
of cool stuff! Tell Jenn I've completed the reading chart for D&C that she
gave me. I read the whole thing last transfer. It was great. There is a lot of
really neat things in there. Well, that should suffice for know. Thanks for
everything (Mom & Pops), for allowing me to come out here and do this, and
everything! I've made it a goal to do more testifying in lessons, but why not do
some testifying now as well. I have a testimony of Revelation, both personal
and modern revelation given through the living Christ. The message we share of
the Restoration of The Gospel of Jesus Christ is the most unique and marvelous
message any one could hear, and it's either true or it's not. And it's my
testimony, something I can say, as a 19 year old boy, who doesn't know much of
anything, that it's true. I would have thrown in the towel and came home a while
ago if I didn't know. And it all boils down to a prayer I said about a book, and
an answer I can't deny, and can only explain as a manifestation of the Holy
Ghost. So, there you have it. Thanks for everything. I love you all!
Love Elder Higgins
No comments:
Post a Comment