Mission Scripture

"Wherefore, ye must press forward with a steadfastness in Christ, having a perfect brightness of hope, and a love of God and all men. Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father; Ye shall have eternal life."
2 Nephi 31:20

Monday, April 15, 2013

What the World Needs.....

April 15, 2013

Hola!  To all who have written me letters and I haven't responded. I know I'm a terrible person! Sorry! And I don't mean to offend anyone, but my time is limited to respond, so hopefully you can read the blog and just know how much I appreciate hearing from all of you, even if I can't always respond :)

So let's cut to the chase! We had a pretty good week. Some of our investigators postponed their dates for baptism, some need some more time.  It's a lot harder being a teacher than I thought. I give props to all my teachers growing up. Every one's concept, and ideas of things and how they work are so different, and it's just hard to relay the message in a way that's best for them to understand.

M__ is very receptive to the messages, but is having trouble quitting smoking. He is very cool though. And we've almost taught K __ all the lessons, and she is looking very good. She will get baptized on the 28th. I just hope we can relay how great this decision is in her life, and what it really means. I want her to fully understand what the Gospel can do for her....

Sadly, I've learned a lot of the world being out here. I've heard people's stories of depression, and the things people do to themselves, and of sexual abuse, child abuse, and lying, and cheating, and just all sorts of terrible things that wraps this world in chaos. It's been an eye opener for me because I was living in the walls of home that had the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and that was founded on love. So I thank you for that.

Love Elder Higgins :)

No comments:

Post a Comment