Hello Everybody!
I'm doing great! We actually lucked out and we were able to keep the car for another week. So we didn't have to ride our bikes. So we'll see if we have to turn in the car this week..
I'm doing great! We actually lucked out and we were able to keep the car for another week. So we didn't have to ride our bikes. So we'll see if we have to turn in the car this week..
We had the opportunity to go to the temple this week. It was great! I
always learn so so much, and I'm convinced it's the most peaceful place on
earth, even more so then that one camping spot in Beaver when I hung my hammock
over that small stream. I would take small naps, and just read my book there. I
still dream of that place, just to let you know.. It was bliss. But the temple
has it beat. Hey, and guess what is in Redlands by the temple!? A Cafe Rio!! I
ate at cafe rio for the first time in, like, 8 months!! I forgot how awesome it
is!
We are teaching a couple of really good families. We see the Family T
a few times a week, and they should be getting baptized soon. They are a
wonderful family of four. The Dad is kind of hard to teach because he is a trucker,
and is gone a lot, but he is just as great as the rest of them. It's a really
good area, and I'm excited to be here. My companion is pretty cool. He is very
dedicated, and is a really good teacher. He knows how to motivate people. He is
helping me with Spanish a lot as well. So I'm excited for this transfer!
I've been studying out of true to the faith, and making lesson plans, and
just working on improving my teaching skills. Anyway, that's about it for me, I don't have too many crazy or miracle
stories, but after all everyday is full of little one's, and I'm very grateful
for those, because they keep me going.
Love, Elder Higgins
No comments:
Post a Comment