Mission Scripture

"Wherefore, ye must press forward with a steadfastness in Christ, having a perfect brightness of hope, and a love of God and all men. Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father; Ye shall have eternal life."
2 Nephi 31:20

Monday, July 15, 2013

I'm Amazed!!

July 8, 2013

So I'll cut to the chase. I love America! We had a good time on the 4th of July. We had an activity as a zone and played volleyball. It was a good ol' American time. We had a good week teaching as well. I've been stressing my teaching skills lately because I need to learn how to teach more clearly and effectively, and I was able to feel the Lord's hand in my life this week helping me teach, and being more bold in teaching as well. I think it is because I've put more trust in my Savior, and I've tried to forget myself, and my weaknesses. We've seen progress in a lot of our investigators. We only had 2 come to church ( We had over ten committed), but nevertheless we are seeing improvement. We had two, what I call, "breakthrough" lessons with two families because we were able to identify what they need, and now when we visit them this week we can teach them more effectively. Another investigator is still doing well, and is searching for an answer, but said she doesn't know how to recognize it. I've tried to put myself in an investigators shoes, and understand how we can help them receive an answer, and recognize it, and I think sometimes it requires patience. All we can do is help them by inviting them to do the simple things like praying, and reading, and coming to church, and if they do those things they are promised an answer. ... 

Anyway, I love being out here! I'm amazed at how far I've come, and how much I've learned. I'm still amazed sometimes as I walk away from a lesson and look back and realize I just taught someone, in Spanish, the gospel. In Spanish! And they understood me!! I know it's because I have the help of our Savior, Jesus Christ. I've also come to a greater understanding of the Gospel which is a great blessing!

So I love you guys. That hasn't changed! Thanks for all you do, and have done for me!

You guys rule!!  Love, Elder Higgins

 

No comments:

Post a Comment