Mission Scripture

"Wherefore, ye must press forward with a steadfastness in Christ, having a perfect brightness of hope, and a love of God and all men. Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father; Ye shall have eternal life."
2 Nephi 31:20

Monday, October 7, 2013

I've learned that compassion is what produces true charity......

October 7, 2013

Hola!  So this week was pretty fantastic. Especially with the great messages that we heard from the prophets and apostles of our day! I really enjoyed a lot of them. I watched half of one session in Spanish with an investigator we are teaching.  He really enjoyed it. His kind of a hard guy to figure out though. He's got a unique personality. Anyway, I think my favorite talk this time around was.. Elder Dallin H. Oak's, and President Eyring's, but they were all so good. I also loved Elder Hollands, and Elder Bednars. They were all just really good, and eye opening. I like their inspired ways of viewing everything. It's a blessing to have heard from them. I know you guys enjoyed them as well.
 
Nothing too new this week. We found one new family this week. They were former investigators and we just went one day to see if they still lived there. They do, and they are a really cool family! The Dad is pretty intelligent, and asks good questions. He is a little hesitant to believe some things. For instance, he thought it hard to believe that Nephi was able to build a boat with their limited technology in those times. We reminded him that he believed the Bible, and similarly in Noah's ark. How in the world did Noah build that boat?? They are super cool though, and the Mom was super interested to know that she could receive an answer from the Holy Ghost. She is excited to Read, Ponder, and Pray. It will be fun working with them!
 
Besides that we are still working with a lot of the same people, trying to resolve problems and such. It's always the same, but always progression to be made. The story of my life this past year. It's actually really tiring. I am exhausted. It's also really fun and rewarding.
 
I learned that compassion is what produces true charity. It's what happens back stage. Putting ourselves in the shoes of others, and trying to understand them. It's much easier said then done. I'm trying to implement that in my life more. Jesus has so so much compassion for us. He understands us perfectly. It amazes me.
 
Well, that's about it for today. I know it's true. The Church of Jesus Christ is once again on the earth. It's pretty cool.
 
Love Elder Higgins

No comments:

Post a Comment