Mission Scripture

"Wherefore, ye must press forward with a steadfastness in Christ, having a perfect brightness of hope, and a love of God and all men. Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father; Ye shall have eternal life."
2 Nephi 31:20

Monday, November 11, 2013

I Love Baptizing the Youth

November 11, 2013

Hola! hola! 
My companion and I had a great week. We spent a little more time with members this week, and started asking for referrals, and we got some. We are going to have a family home evening with one tonight, and they've invited their neighbors over to join us. So I'm looking forward to that! We had a really good lesson on the Restoration with an investigator this week, he agreed to be baptized when he has received an answer.

The two ninos were baptized as well! It was really great!! Except we forgot to mention that they needed to bring a towel, and a change of underwear, and so the Mom had to go back to their house to get those, and for some reason it took forever!! Our ward was getting pretty inpatient. So it was another stressful experience until the meeting actually started, and then the spirit filled the room, and everyone was happy again. It was a really good experience! The mom, who is coming back from inactivity, bore her testimony. Afterwards she came over and hugged us, and thanked us. I know they will stay active, and the two ninos will reach their potential as children of God. That's also my prayer! I love baptizing the youth, because if they stay faithful they can completely avoid the consequences of sin, and the Holy Ghost will be able to help through the harder teenage years. It's awesome!!

Well, That's about it! I love you, and I love being out here. I know the apostasy is real. I can see it's detrimental effects, and the confusion it brought into the world, but I'm glad the God loved us enough to call another prophet of God, and to restore His church to the earth, and I love sharing that message!

Love, 
Elder Higgins :)

No comments:

Post a Comment