Hey. How's it going? So..
Our week was pretty good, beside the fact that a lot of people just heap their problems on us. We taught a lot of people this week who just told us their life story, and of their challenges. I won't go into too many details, but it was pretty wild.
One of our converts is doing better, and all settled into her new little home. We helped her move one morning, and she wants to come over tonight and bless it. Thanks for your prayers!
M-- who was baptized in January, was in the ward talent show this week. It was super funny! We stopped by to see if we could talk with the bishop, and somehow got roped into being in a skit so we had to stay the whole night.. Haha I wasn't complaining. It was pretty fun! Anyway, M-- and his church buddies did this thing where they had a drawing of two missionaries with the faces cut out where they stuck their own faces there instead. So two of them were the heads and two other boys were the arms somehow. Then they did a day in the life of a missionary. They brushed their teeth, and ate cereal, and did other stuff. It was super funny seeing them make a mess and try and do everything. It was even greater because knowing michael he is one of the most reserved and quiet kids, and he was up there getting cereal thrown in his face and what not. :)
I hope I explained that well enough.. Anyway, I'm just glad he and his mom are so involved in the church. They had a blast at the talent show!
G-- was baptized yesterday. We've been working with her and trying to overcome some things, and a few days ago bishop finally gave the go ahead. She was excited!
I would send home some pictures right now, but I actually wasn't there for the baptism.. So kind of a funny story here, but not really. We realized as we started planning the baptism that we scheduled a dinner with a member that was coming down from a different city to eat with us, and his non-member parents around the same time. We were able to switch to make it a little bit earlier, but we decided we would have to do splits. So my companion, and The ward mission leader went to get the baptism ready, and my comp got all dressed up, and myself and a priest in our ward went to the dinner. The food wasn't ready though, and we had to wait a while. By the time we got our food it was 5 till the baptism. So we ate real quick, and finished our food and left after having a good discussion about the Gospel. I figured they would have started late, but we arrived just as they finished the actual ordinance. I felt really bad! She didn't notice though, because I was there for the last part. I think she assumed I saw it all. Don't ask, don't tell right? :)
Other than that we had an average week. We have been in finding mode for these past few days. We need more people to teach! So hopefully we'll be seeing a lot of progress here in the next week.
Thanks for everything. I love you! Love, Elder Higgins
No comments:
Post a Comment