Mission Scripture

"Wherefore, ye must press forward with a steadfastness in Christ, having a perfect brightness of hope, and a love of God and all men. Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father; Ye shall have eternal life."
2 Nephi 31:20

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Week 7 MTC

Hey Everybody!
 
I'm doing awesome at the MTC still! It's getting pretty cold, which makes me want to leave for California even sooner. I'm doing the same old stuff. Learning about the Gospel, and how to teach it, and trying to speak Spanish. I feel like I understand most everything that is said in spanish now. Elder Harris and I had to teach our 1st 40 minute TRC last week. TRC is where we go and teach members a lesson. They have volunteers come and we teach them. (In Spanish of Course) This week we taught a Hermana from Ecuador, and her daughter. They moved here from Ecuador 5 years ago. So believe me when i say they spoke spanish pretty quickly, but we were able to understand her and teach her effectively for 40 minutes. She said we could understand her really well, and said that it was a miracle. That kind of hit me when she said that, because it really is! 6 weeks ago when i stepped foot into the MTC for the 1st time I knew nothing about this language, and I never thought I would be able to teach, and just have a conversation for 40 minutes, and do it in a manner where both parties understood one another. It is so cool! She was really funny. She talked about her garden for a while, and I thought about Jeremy and his garden. I even shared with her how our countertop would be overfilled with tomatoes from his garden. It was funny! We usually figure out how to say things using our Gospel vocabulary. So i think i ended up saying something about having a "mesa con la plentitud de tomatoes" which is like saying, "A table with the fulness of tomatoes" I only knew how to say that because our church contains the fulness of the Gospel. So thank goodness for that! Hope everyone is doing well!
 
Thanks for everything! Love, Elder Higgins

No comments:

Post a Comment