Mission Scripture

"Wherefore, ye must press forward with a steadfastness in Christ, having a perfect brightness of hope, and a love of God and all men. Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father; Ye shall have eternal life."
2 Nephi 31:20

Thursday, March 21, 2013

Bike wreck and lunch out!

Elder Higgins brother in law's parents were in Murietta for a wedding and took us out to lunch on March 19, 2012
We picked Chick-FilA
 
My Companion Elder Graves and I at the home where we live in Murrieta
 
Lunch is over, back to work......Thanks Palmer's for a nice lunch!
 
March 18, 2013

.....I did go on an exchange this week with our district leader, and his area is a biking area. I'm gonna go ahead and tell you that I got in a pretty gnarly wreck. I've lost all the skills I've ever had riding bikes. Here's the situation, my fearless leader, was going down this dirt pathway that lead into the road, but a truck was parked so we he had to make quick turn on the sidewalk. He made the turn with ease, and he was going pretty fast, probably like 30 mph, actually I have no idea, probably a lot less. The point is it was pretty quick, and he is a bigger guy, so I didn't think much of it. I can do anything he does right? Wrong. I didn't take into consideration that this was my first time on a bike in a while, a long while, and that my back breaks didn't work. I ended up on my back, right next to the truck. I did manage to not hit the truck so that was good. It was embarrassing though. there was construction workers on the next lot that came over to see if I was okay. I told them I've never felt better, with one of those hoot and hollers that makes any embarrassing situation seem okay. So yeah I played it off cool. I didn't have too many scraps or bruises either.
 
On a spiritual note, I find this temple trip to be one of the most edifying temple trips yet, and that's cause I'm starting to look at the gospel in a new way. So that was neat. We also picked up two new investigators. One just showed up to the church on Sunday in Menifee, and then their ward mission leader called us, and we've taught him twice now. He is really enjoying it! The problem is he can't come to church on Sundays because his boss makes him work. He also lives with his boss, so that's another problem. The other one is the husband of one of our members and he has been taught by many different Elders. We ate over there on Saturday, he is a super nice guy, all we can really do is prepare for our lessons with him, and pray that the spirit touches his heart.  We're going to have our first lesson with him on Tuesday. He came to church yesterday. So we'll see how this goes.......

No comments:

Post a Comment