Mission Scripture

"Wherefore, ye must press forward with a steadfastness in Christ, having a perfect brightness of hope, and a love of God and all men. Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father; Ye shall have eternal life."
2 Nephi 31:20

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Missionary Work in Murrieta

March 11, 2013

Hey everything sounds to be fantastic back home. That's good to hear! We tracted a lot this week! I had my first couple legit "door slams" this week. It is definatly making me a lot more forward with the our message though. I want to share it more than ever. We did meet one latino brethren, and he was a pastor for a penticostle (No idea how to spell it?) church. We talked with him for a while, and he was doing most of the preaching. It was cool though. We get to go to the temple on thursday, and I'm really excited! I've been pretty anxious to get back there since the last time. But other than that there is nothing much I have to share. We are working, and being obedient, and talking to lots of people, and not seeing much come from it. I try not to get frustrated, and I feel like I exercise (excercise? is that right? ejercer is the word in spanish, I'm losing the alot of my english spelling. I get confused a lot.. if you can't tell.) Anyway, I feel like I'm exercising patience, but I will go ahead and say that this is the toughest thing for me right now as a missionary. Not many people want to listen, and if they do, they are usually from another religion & want to prove us wrong. But hey, whattayado? Just keep on keeping on. That is what you do.

There is some really cool news about the mission though. There is going to be a Redlands California mission and that means our boundaries are going to change. We are losing Redlands, Palm Desert, Yucaipa, and Yucca valley to the Redlands mission, and Murrieta (where I am serving) is going to the Carlsbad California Mission. That change is going to happen in July and if you are a missionary in one of these areas you will just transfer to the other mission. Pretty crazy right? A part of me wants to switch over, that would be kinda cool.

But yeah that's pretty much it. The branch is awesome! I'm still learning a lot. I can't believe it's almost been 6 months already! that's crazy! Much thanks and love from the burbs of Murrieta.

Love, Elder Higgins.


March 3, 2013

Hey!
It's been another lovely week of missionary service here in Murrieta (Mur-town). We have a few more investagators we are teaching, so that's good. It just amazes me how much different the work here is compared to Riverside. Tracting is like 98 % uneffective in terms of finding new spanish people to talk to, so we have to work with the members a lot. Which is cool with me because the members here are pretty fantastic. One family brought a new family, and another guy they know to church, and we're probably going to have a family night with them this week or the next. And a lot of people have friends they are planning to talk with and invite them to church. So we'll see if any of these people turn into investagators. How exciting is that? Yeah. I haven't heard anything about those I was teaching in Riverside yet, but hopefully pretty soon. My spanish is actually getting quite a bit better, and it's because we speak it a lot during the day in normal conversation. Nothing overally exciting happened this past week. We met some mean people that weren't interested. We met some nice people that weren't interested. We taught a lot of lessons to less actives.

We did a three hour hike this morning. It was really pretty! It was nice to get away from the city for a little bit. We saw a lot of deer, and a few cayoties (What the heck? How do you spell that? coyote? kai yo te?) So that was fun.

We had a big nerf gun war in the gym today for P-day activity. They set up a bunch of tables, and chair racks, and stuff to hide behind, and then we had teams, and just went to war. It was really awesome! Our zone leader is a really big Tongan fellow, and he had it out for me from the beginning because I got a really sweet head shot on him the first game. Yeah. Represent. It was definately my favorite P day activity so far. I just really like this Zone. We have a lot of really good Elders.

I am going to have to say farewell now. What a shame. I'm still learning a lot. Preach My Gospel activities are teaching me a lot. The Church is still true. I wish you the best of luck! I wish I could send like a virtual hug or something. That would be cool. Pretend I did. Sweet. Ok. Love you guys
 
Love Elder Higgins :)

No comments:

Post a Comment