Well hello there family! I'm glad everything is still going good, and
everyone is still going strong. Thanks for sending the video of Neal opening his
mission call.. But I'm in a library as you know and I can't listen to audio, I
can only watch it. So I watched it, and it was wonderful. I am proud of him.
I still didn't know where he was going though. Oh well, I thought, my mom will
mention it in her Email.. Wrong. There was no mention of where he was going!!
What the heck!? But no worries mother. I ended up buying earphones from the
library for a dollar, and then I was able to listen to it. And Honduras it is!
How cool is that!? I'm excited for him! That will be so cool!!
We had another good week. Elder G and I have been working with mostly
the same people. We
have left so many invitations, testimonies, and promises, and told them that if
they would do the things we told them to they would get their answers, and would
be prepared for a baptismal date, so I don't know. We did find two more
little families this week though. So I'm excited to go back and talk with
them.
I'm still learning a whole lot. Sometimes I feel overwhelmed because there
is so much to learn, and do, and suddenly two years doesn't feel like enough
time, and I'm already 8 months in. Days feel really short. So, I've been trying
to improve myself as a teacher, which by the way is not my thing, I'm not a
natural born teacher, and especially not so in Spanish, but I've learned as I
forget about myself, and my teaching weaknesses while I'm in a lesson, I am able
to teach better, and feel a lot more comfortable doing so.
Anyway, Spanish is coming along well. I'm starting to study in Spanish
completely now. I figured by doing so I would learn a lot more, and I would keep
myself away from going into deeper doctrine that isn't super necessary right
now.
Love, Elder Higgins :)
And hey, Some guy told me today that I looked like Brad Pitt's stunt
double. I was pretty flattered. Just thought I would let you know that
:)
No comments:
Post a Comment