Mission Scripture

"Wherefore, ye must press forward with a steadfastness in Christ, having a perfect brightness of hope, and a love of God and all men. Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father; Ye shall have eternal life."
2 Nephi 31:20

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Sickness, Which Mission Will it Be? and Fasting

June, 12, 2013

Hey Guys!

So a little weird that you are receiving an Email on Wednesday right? Well, there are reasons for that. The first one being that all the computers were shut down on Monday, and no one in the Moreno Valley stake was able to Email, and so we got permission to Email a little later. The 2nd reason being that I have been on the verge of death. I've been pretty sick these last few days. Saturday night into Sunday morning I had a hurling spree of about 20. It was pretty miserable. Then I stopped for big part of Sunday, and after resting a little on Monday I thought I would go out for dinner at a members house. I didn't really have an appetite so I just nibbled on some stuff, and then one of the members brewed me up some weird remedy that was supposed to help me.. It didn't. I ended up puking everything up in their bathroom, and it made me feel super weird the rest of the night. Yesterday I just stayed in and rested, mainly cause I was afraid that if I went out people would try and help "cure me" with weird remedies.. not cool! It's not the same being sick without a Mother to be there with you. Every time someone would try and help I would think, "I don't want your help or your weird remedies, I want my mother" That's the honest truth. Hey, but I'm feeling pretty good now though :) Just a little weak still, so we won't go super hard core on the bikes these next few days.

So we find out what mission we are going to be a part of on Saturday. The whole mission is meeting together, and we are having a live transfer call meeting. It should be very interesting. I just can't believe another transfer has passed. It's crazy!

So we are still teaching a lot of the same people, and a lot of them are doing well, and progressing. Early last week we took a member that is planning on serving a mission to one of our appointments with Y & V, and we taught a short lessons about prophets, and then asked them about how they feel about their baptismal dates, which led into another discussion about how they've already been baptized (Baptized Catholic), and why they need to be baptized again. For 2 or 3 lessons they have been asking the same questions. We left, and they still hadn't grasped why they need to be baptized again. Well, we were taking with our member friend Diana, and we were saying that we didn't know what to do now, because we have tried a lot of different ways of approaching baptism, and she suggested that we fast, demanded it actually. We decided we would, even though it would be super hard being on bikes. So we did, and she fasted with us. It was tough. I thought a few times I was going to kick over from dehydration. Later that week we taught them again. We went in got straight to the topic of baptism, and they came up with the same concerns. We had planned to read Moroni 8 when this happened. So we read that with them, all we did was read it. We didn't say much, just read, and afterwards Y said she was going to get baptized. You could tell that something in the chapter hit her pretty direct. I think it is because she has a little girl, and having her in mind as she read it, made her realize that it wasn't right. V agreed to get baptized as well. They will be baptized on Friday :) My testimony of Fasting & The Book of Mormon grew a ton this week.
 
Love you, Elder Higgins :)

No comments:

Post a Comment