Mission Scripture

"Wherefore, ye must press forward with a steadfastness in Christ, having a perfect brightness of hope, and a love of God and all men. Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father; Ye shall have eternal life."
2 Nephi 31:20

Monday, December 16, 2013

Feeling the Christmas Spirit in Cali

December 9, 2013

Hola!!
 
Heyy! How is everybody? Has it been snowing up there in Riverton?? I hope everyone's Christmas Spirit is going through the roof! 
 
I like the ward so far. It was weird being in a new ward this Sunday though, where I don't know anyone. A lot of really cool people introduced themselves to me though, and I know I will soon feel at home there. And as for investigators we don't have too many. We are trying to find a lot more. K--is one of them I've met, and she has a baptismal date for December 22nd and she seems ready and willing to follow the example of Jesus Christ and be baptized in His church. We are trying to find new people. We have got quite referrals, which is cool. hopefully some of those will pan out this week, and we can teach some new people.
 
Zone leader is going well. My companion and I had to prepare a Zone Development Meeting in just a few days. That was pretty crazy. We had to make a "zone plan" for the month of December and then present it on Friday. It went rather smoothly considering we had 2 days together to plan it. We went on exchanges with the Ap's (Assistants to the President in case you didn't know) on Thursday. I went with Elder C in his area, and it was a good opportunity to learn from him. But amidst all that we don't do much else. We are just here to answer everybody's questions.
 
I'm glad you are feeling the Christmas spirit!! I was indeed singing Silent Night with you. We arrived late at the First Presidency Christmas Devotional broadcast and missed Thomas S. Monson speak, but I loved hearing everyone else. Keep up the holiday cheer. I found a scripture in acts 20 that I'm sharing with everyone we eat dinner with. It says, "More blessed are those that give, than those that receive." and that's what Christmas is all about. What can I give this year?? that's the question we should be asking ourselves. I love it!! 
 
Love,  Elder Higgins
 

No comments:

Post a Comment