Mission Scripture

"Wherefore, ye must press forward with a steadfastness in Christ, having a perfect brightness of hope, and a love of God and all men. Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father; Ye shall have eternal life."
2 Nephi 31:20

Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Transfer Time!!!

Hey! I'm glad everyone has been having happy holidays!!  We spent ours with the A-- Family. They had never had turkey on thanksgiving, and My companion knows how to cook, (he wants to be a chef when older) and said we could cook them one. They liked the idea and bought us all the stuff we needed to cook a turkey. They looked up a Martha Stewart recipe. You gotta love her! Then we spent 5 hours over there helping them cook the turkey. It turned out really well! It still didn't compare with the turkeys you and Dad make, but it was good, and we had a good time!! We also went to a turkey bowl with the Samoan ward. I'm still sore from it. 
So we got transfer calls on Saturday.  This was a really wild transfer call for me. So I'm getting moved over to Jurupa, which is by Riverside. President also wants me to be a zone leader. So that's exciting. But that's not even the crazy part. Guess who I'm going to be with?? Elder Moss!! Elder Moss and I get to be zone leaders together. I was super surprised to be going back to him. That rarely happens, and never this soon. It's crazy too because usually you get placed with someone that has already been a zone leader for a while, but Elder Moss and I both have never been zone leaders. So we have no idea what we are doing. I'm sure we will figure everything out though! As you can imagine I'm pretty excited. 

I definitely am going to miss this ward though. I've grown pretty close to a few families, and I didn't like saying goodbye to them, some tears were shed....The Bishop gave me a big hug and thanked me for my service here. So all those experiences were really bittersweet. I could feel the bond of charity, that love that only Christ gives to us. I knew the names of everyone, and I had heard all their testimonies, and I really will miss them. It will be kind of hard to start over, but I'm excited to meet new people, and for all the new experiences I'm going to have with Elder Moss.. Again! :)

I'm going to miss my companion as well. He always made me laugh real hard. He's going to take good care of all the families here. 

It's the best time of the whole year! I know you guys have the Christmas spirit right?? I hope so!!

I love you all!!   Love, Elder Higgins

No comments:

Post a Comment