Mission Scripture

"Wherefore, ye must press forward with a steadfastness in Christ, having a perfect brightness of hope, and a love of God and all men. Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father; Ye shall have eternal life."
2 Nephi 31:20

Thursday, May 15, 2014

I'm learning to be patient ...

April 28, 2014

Well, this week was good. We went on exchanges with the Chinese missionaries. I went with Elder Yeung to China land. It was fun. I just read my scriptures while he taught. He was able to bring members to some lessons, so I didn't feel too bad about not participating. We also taught an English class that day. It was super fun! They teach English two days a week, and have a good turn out of about 15 - 20 people each time. They have members bring their friends, and they are able to turn a lot of them into investigators. It is working really well. They've baptized multiple people each month since I've been here. It's really cool to see how different the work is, and how it's still progressing so quickly.

We saw a few miracles this week. I'm learning as we're teaching that everyone has concerns, and needs, and while some might seem small to some, to others they are significant. I'm learning to be patient, and to help people lovingly as they progress in the Gospel. 

An investigator had a surprise birthday party this week. We got invited to it, and were able to stop by and say happy birthday. It was pretty fun. We requested they playGhangam Style. So while it played they were trying to get me to dance. I was hesitant to dance because I'm a missionary, but I finally had to break out a few moves. Nothing too fancy. No worries, I didn't show them my whole arsenal or disgrace the Higgins name or anything :)

We taught some investigators the Word of Wisdom this week. They smoke. So we invited them to pray everyday for strength, read the Book of Mormon, and to cut it down to one cigarette everyday.  They accepted to work with us, and to be baptized on May 11 if feeling prepared. So I think it is very possible that they make it...

That's about it. This week we're going to the temple, and we have the monthly MLC meeting with President, and Zone meeting with the zone. So it will be a busy week. I'm excited!

Love,  Elder Higgins 

No comments:

Post a Comment