It has been weird adjusting to a new area. I felt weird on Sunday not being in the DeAnza ward. But my companion is cool. To answer your questions. He's been out for 6-7 months. He's name is Elder Taylor. I'm not a zone leader. It's a big relief!
The area we cover is huge! So we are in car. It's actually super close to Murrieta, which is kind of cool. We don't really have too many investigators right now. We did pick up a few new ones this week though. One lady told us she was really depressed, and doesn't really like living. She told us she would listen to us and come to church, and we promised she would overcome her depression. We have an appointment with her on Tuesday.
We also taught some Jewish people this week. It's a very different experience teaching them since they don't believe in the Bible completely, just the Torah. It was sad to see them deny Jesus Christ as our Savior, and I told them that. They believe he was a prophet, which doesn't make sense in my mind, because he professed to be the Son of God. So he was either the Son of God our Savior, or he was a false prophet. There's no middle ground. Anyway it was interesting teaching them. The mom wanted to show me something in the Torah and told us to come back on Tuesday. So we'll see how that goes!
Other than that nothing too fancy is going on. I was able to go back to De Anza ward for 2 baptisms. L--and A--were baptized, and A-- wanted me to baptize him so I had that cool opportunity. The water was really cold and it took his breath away when he was immersed so his reaction was super funny when he came out of the water. He's funny! So that was cool to go back and see them be baptized. L-- whole extended family was there. It was exciting!
Well, I'm still trooping along. I know I'll grow to love this area just like the last. There's people that need the gospel everywhere!
Love you lots!
Elder Higgins
No comments:
Post a Comment