Mission Scripture

"Wherefore, ye must press forward with a steadfastness in Christ, having a perfect brightness of hope, and a love of God and all men. Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father; Ye shall have eternal life."
2 Nephi 31:20

Thursday, July 24, 2014

We Have Many to Teach

July 21, 2014

I'm glad you enjoying a trip to Zion! Tell the whole crew I say, "What's up!" and tell them of my love for them! 

Our week went very well. We found someone named B-- on a street called Monroe, and from there we have visited her and found a lot of other investigators on the same street that live around her. I think we are teaching 7 or so people that live on that one street. Hopefully a few of them will progress. B-- is very lonely and looking for her purpose in life. We've made her promises that if she reads the Book of Mormon and comes to church she'll find that purpose, but sadly she didn't come to church, and we'll see.... I really hope she'll progress because I think she would find a lot of joy serving in the church. 

We ended the week with the baptism of M-- She was really excited and had a good time. She wanted me to baptize her so I got to do that. It was cool. I'll send the pictures here in a minute, but I forgot my spare under garments in my backpack and so when I went to change after baptizing her I realized I didn't have any dry ones. So I just dried them off the best I could, and went back out. It was super uncomfortable.

We are getting a lot more people to teach. So we should be seeing a lot of progress in the near future. I'm pretty excited! We taught a girl and her mom and we invited them to be baptized and they sad yes without hesitation. They said they need religion in their life. They'll do good to accept the true one! 

I love you Mom! Thanks for your wonderful testimony. It has a powerful effect on children to know that their parents know and have faith in so many good and true things. So thanks!

Love,  Elder Higgins

No comments:

Post a Comment